Monday 18 November 2013

Artist introduction: Amy Freeman


Here is the introduction to our second artist, Amy Freeman




We asked Amy our set of questions to find out a bit more about her and her work to share with you...


How did you get into art? 
When I was 16, my parents took me to New York for a week. Whilst my mum and sister shopped every waking hour, I dragged my doting father from gallery to gallery, whilst I sat on floors and surrounded myself in colouring pencils and copied and scrutinised image after image. I had always been arty and decorative, but this made me realise that I needed to be a part of the art world. 

'La Luna #1'



Where did you study?
I came to Falmouth for my foundation year, and am now in my third year of studying BA Drawing. 
'La Luna #2'




What are your main inspirations in your work?
My work has two very different threads, one being process lead, exploring printmaking and it's capabilities and allowing meaning to emerge from experiment, and the other, a more socially aware but joyful approach to issues such as gender equality and female sexuality. The work that I will be exhibiting in Midsummer Nights will be from the former part of my work. 

'La Luna #3'



How do you wait out a storm?
I am affected by a storm much like a child sometimes, bizarrely excited but perturbed, watching and listening from my bed, preferably with chocolate. 



Added Extra...
Amy's recent work is very different to the work she'll be exhibiting with us but we think it's great so here are some examples for you to browse:







Check out her website and Tumblr here:



We hope you enjoyed this second post and we'll keep introducing you to our artists as we get closer to the event date!

No comments:

Post a Comment