Saturday 23 November 2013

Artist introduction: Alex Morton




Here is the introduction to our third artist, Alex Morton





We asked Alex to answer our questions, and to share some of his work with us, so you could find out a little more about him...


How did you get into art? 
I start painting in 2012 accidentally, an artist friend of mine encouraged me to have a play with paint to try and lift me out of a mood one day, I found I really enjoyed it and had a natural flair, since then the creative process of painting and the feel of completing pieces has become a key part of my life, it has sent me off in a completely new life direction. Unexpected and brilliant.

'Late winter sun'



Where did you study?
Never studied, never been to a class.


'The might of Fistral'


What are your main inspirations in your work?
As a surfer it is the surf, sea and wind that inspires. Many of my pieces aim to capture the expanse and space that one feels when standing at the edge of the ocean, it makes me feel alive.

'Winter and heavy'


How did you get involved with Midsummer nights?
Twitter, a brilliant invention.


'Cold and brisk'


How do you wait out a storm?
I don't wait it out, I go out in it, the ocean is at its best when its unloading, my favourite place to visit in a storm is the tip of the Pentire Headland, brutal and awesome.


If you like Alex's work check out his website where he has lots more examples of his work:

Website: 
www.alexmortonart.co.uk


One of Alex's pieces will feature on our poster, which we'll be unveiling on the blog next week, when we will also be introducing you to more of our lovely artists, so keep tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment